Check out our Facebook, Twitter, & YouTube Connections (links - top right)
Picture Day ~ Friday, 3 October
6th Annual MISD Holiday Bazaar ~ Saturday, 25 October ~ 9:00 a.m. - 4 p.m.
DON’T MISS OUT on the 6th Annual McKinney ISD HUGE Holiday Bazaar! It is this year’s one-stop shopping experience featuring over 100 vendors with arts and crafts, unique gifts, décor and collectibles for all seasons. New this year…The Art Walk featuring pieces from the MISD High School Art Department.
The Holiday Bazaar will be held Saturday, October 25 at its new location—McKinney High School from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Proceeds benefit McKinney ISD Partners in Education programs.
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons