First Day of School ~ Monday, 24 August
We are ready for our 2015-16 school year. Counselors are working hard to work out all the kinks on student’s schedules. Please don’t worry if they have not gotten to your student’s schedule before the first day of school. All students will be in a secure and safe environment while we smooth out everyone’s schedule. We have had to balance some classes so check HAC for the most current student schedule. The doors will open at 8:00 on Monday. I will make a copy of every student’s schedule and I want students to pick them up in their designated area. Here is a list of where students need to report on Monday:
1. 6th Grade in the 6th grade hallway
2. 7th Grade in the 7th grade hallway upstairs
3. 8th Grade in the cafeteria
The parking lot will be busy so be very careful as you are making your way to our school. We all look forward to seeing everyone on Monday!
Google Apps for Education
McKinney ISD is partnering with Google to become a Google district. Our teachers will start using Google apps and collaboration tools to enhance our student learning experience. Additional Information.
Student Login Instructions
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
Student & Parent Resources
- Fine Arts
- Learning Commons