Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
Student Schedules will be on HAC
As part of a district and campus initiative, we are trying to make our campus paperless. As a result, student schedules will be available on your student's Home Access Center very soon. If you are unable to login, you can get your username and password at Dowell.
Dowell Sports Information Night: Monday, 22 AUG. @ 6:00pm
Meet the Coaches, Special Guest Speaker, MISD Athletic Information/Rules, CC Meeting, FB Meeting, Booster Club, Jersey Mike's Pre-Game Info/sign-up, Team Communication Sign-ups, Q and A session.
2016-2017 Registration Information, Forms, & Applications ~ Click Here
All 7th grade students must provide proof of the following immunizations in order to start the 2016-2017 school year.
• Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis-containing vaccine (unless a booster dose received within the past five years for 7th grade)
• Meningococcal vaccine (one dose)
• Varicella vaccine (two doses received on or after 1st birthday)
The vaccines listed above are required in addition to those required by earlier laws. A signed statement of Varicella disease will count towards the Varicella requirement.
Please send the updated immunization record prior to August 17, 2015. Please contact Nurse Martha at email@example.com or 469-302-6716 if you have any questions regarding your child's immunization status.
Box Tops for Education
Google Apps for Education
McKinney ISD is partnering with Google to become a Google district. Our teachers will start using Google apps and collaboration tools to enhance our student learning experience. Additional Information.
Student Login Instructions
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
Student & Parent Resources
- Fine Arts
- Learning Commons