Check out our Facebook, Twitter, & YouTube Connections (links - top right)
Parking and Drop-Off at Dowell MS (new construction)
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
Dowell’s Tardy Policy
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
Home Access Center
Check on your student's success from your own computer.
Bookmark the HAC page for easy access. The username is your student's ID number preceded by an "s" and the password is MISD generated.
“We choose to overcome the gravitational pull of the status quo so that we will be an Exemplary middle school in McKinney ISD, not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone and one in which we intend to win!"
Adapted from President John F. Kennedy’s September 12, 1962 Speech