Add Photos for the 8th Grade Beach Bash & Walk Video - Share your memories
8th Grade Parents-
We are putting our 8th grade slide show together to be shown after the 8th Grade Beach Bash, May 23, and after the 8th Grade Walk, May 31 and we want your pictures! Please submit appropriate, school related, good quality pictures of your 8th grader and their friends. You can add them to the Google Drive that Ms. Mason set up at: https://goo.gl/Qgd5Sn (simply login and then drag your pictures from the folder on your computer over to the drive and “drop them”) or email them to me, Stephanie Ciancia, at email@example.com.
STAR Testing Dates
2016-2017 Registration Information, Forms, & Applications ~ Click Here
Box Tops for Education
Google Apps for Education
McKinney ISD is partnering with Google to become a Google district. Our teachers will start using Google apps and collaboration tools to enhance our student learning experience. Additional Information.
Student Login Instructions
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
Student & Parent Resources
- Fine Arts
- Learning Commons