Open House ~ Will not be rescheduled
STAAR Testing Schedule
MISD Physical Exams for 2015-2016
Orchestra Instrument Selection Night ~ Friday, 10 April ~ 6-8:00 pm ~ Dowell Cafeteria
ALL incoming 6th grade students are welcome to join Orchestra. We do not turn away students who are interested in playing a stringed instrument. We teach you everything you need to know and we are a family! Visit www.dowellorchestra.com for details and FAQ.
McKinney Police Teen Academy
Google Apps for Education
McKinney ISD is partnering with Google to become a Google district. Our teachers will start using Google apps and collaboration tools to enhance our student learning experience. Additional Information.
Student Login Instructions
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
8th Grade Parents
Student & Parent Resources
- Fine Arts
- Learning Commons