New MISD Policy for Entering All Schools
School Report Card
Linked below you will find a copy of the State of Texas 2016–17 School Report Card for Ruth Dowell Middle School. This is a report required by the Texas Legislature and prepared by the Texas Education Agency. The report provides information concerning student performance on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®), as well as information on student enrollment, class size averages, and financial expenditures. A more complete report about Ruth Dowell Middle School, the Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR), is also available.
School Report Card (SRC) SRC Definitions
Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR)
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
Box Tops for Education
Google Apps for Education
McKinney ISD is partnering with Google to become a Google district. Our teachers will start using Google apps and collaboration tools to enhance our student learning experience. Additional Information.
Student Login Instructions
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
as of 02/09/2017
Student & Parent Resources
- Fine Arts
- Learning Commons