Download service hour forms and
see meeting agendas below!
Stay in the loop. Click HERE to see how to join the NJHS Remind group.
Congratulations to our
_National Junior Honor Society is a service oriented organization for 7th and 8th graders which strives to promote leadership and citizenship skills in its members. Membership in NJHS is granted after careful consideration of applications by our membership committee. This membership is the highest honor that the school can bestow on a student because it acknowledges excellence, not just in one activity, but in all. Students are invited to join NJHS after they have exhibited these standards of excellence: Scholarship, Leadership, Service, Citizenship and Character. NJHS students are our future community leaders and, as such, are expected to be positive role models to their peers as well as to others.
- 7th and 8th grade studnets
- Students are eligible with an overall average of > 90% in 2nd semester of last year.
- Straight A’s are NOT required, but all grades must average out to > 90%.
- If you do not have a copy of last year’s report card, we can verify grades AFTER you submit the application.
- Student must have 2 teacher recommendations based on behavior and leadership.
- Students must maintain outstanding conduct by receiving no N’s or U’s in each nine weeks on the previous two quarters.
- Students must not have any ISS or OSS suspensions or Lion Pauses for the previous two quarters, or student may be suspended from organization.
- NJHS will meet once a month
- Students who do not meet the meeting requirement may be suspended from the organization.
Community & School Service Hours
- NJHS members must complete 6 hours of community service each semester. A maximum of 6 hours can be completed on campus.
- Correct documentation must be turned in on time.
- First semester hours due by December 12.
NJHS Sponsor for 2016 -2017 is Jill Bowman. Please contact Miss Bowman at firstname.lastname@example.org .