McKinney ISD Summer Performance Course - Registration Link
DMS - MISD Athlete Return to Campus Plan
e will have many changes to what the summer at Performance Course will look like to make it safe for each athlete, MISD staff and Performance Course staff members.
Key points and guidelines that will be implemented each day:
1) Specific parking, drop off, entrance and exits unique to each group so there is no unnecessary cross contamination between sessions. Will send out several days before courses begin.
2) Mandatory Attendance check ins to keep a log of everyone who will participate and if they are experiencing symptoms or not.
3) Mandatory temperature checks and immediate removal of any athlete experiencing symptoms.
4) UIL & MISD Athletics Social distancing guidelines and 25% occupancy of the weight room and indoor facility.
5) Strategies for small groupings to stay the same all summer in an effort to limit unnecessary contact between athletes.
2020 - 2021 DMS School Supply List - Click HERE
Be Prepared for Next Year!
Hey Parents! Make things easier to get prepared for next year. Just click below to order your 2020-21 school supplies today online! Your supplies will be shipped to Dowell and will be available for pick-up at Back-To-School-Night in August. Order now with our School ID of DOW020 at https://www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks/
Email Gwen at email@example.com with questions or if you need to pay by cash or check. Online orders are for credit/debit card only.
Technology Support During School Closure effective Monday, 6 April 2020
MISD Grab & Go Meals
MISD Digital Teaching and Learning Plan
Dear MISD Parents and Guardians,
We are committed to ensuring that all MISD students have some continuity of instruction during this time that we are not physically in schools. Teachers are in the process of transitioning to digital teaching and learning. To provide consistency of experiences, we wanted you to know the expectations that we have set for this work. Please see below for important components of our digital teaching and learning plan. If you have technical difficulties during digital learning, please contact your student’s teacher.
Learning Management Systems:
MISD Enrichment@Home is LIVE!
The MISD Enrichment@Home website now available online. Please go to https://www.mckinneyisd.net/ for more details!!
Dowell Digital Resources
**UPDATED to include information on student gmail and Brain Break resources!
Although students are currently on an extended Spring Break from March 16-20, please check out the Digital Resources available to our students. These are some great online resources that are available to our Lions during the school year, as well. And need a great new book to read? Look for the section "Online Book Resources" in the Dowell Library Catalog to find some great new reads and check them out through Sora, the MISD Digital Library.
Registration Information: 2020-2021
The Care Van offers FREE vaccines to children who are uninsured, have Medicaid, are American Indian or Alaskan Native or who have private insurance that does not cover vaccines. Infants to 18 years of age.
Vaccinations Needed for 7th Grade
School Report Card
Linked below you will find a copy of the State of Texas 2016–17 School Report Card for Ruth Dowell Middle School. This is a report required by the Texas Legislature and prepared by the Texas Education Agency. The report provides information concerning student performance on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®), as well as information on student enrollment, class size averages, and financial expenditures. A more complete report about Ruth Dowell Middle School, the Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR), is also available.
School Report Card (SRC) SRC Definitions
Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR)
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
Box Tops for Education
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
as of 02/09/2017
Student & Parent Resources
- Fine Arts
- Learning Commons