PALS Application for 2021-2022
If you’re interested in a program where you get to provide supportive services to peers in diverse settings. Then PALS(Peer Assistance and Leadership) is for you. “Peers” are individuals who share common characteristics and experiences. PALS is young people guided by professional who serve as resources to provide a variety of needs-based services to their community and beyond. This program is a fundamental trust and belief in the capabilities of young people, who when empowered, have made positive contributions in the lives of others! Contact Mr. Flemons for more information. Application
Leading Lion - 5 February 2021
A HUGE THANK YOU to Nurse Emily for taking such good care of staff and students during this school year! She works a LOT of hours communicating with parents and staff to ensure that we are all safe. Congratulations, Emily!
Virtual Learning Expectations
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
Box Tops for Education
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
as of 02/09/2017
Student & Parent Resources
- Fine Arts
- Learning Commons
- Digital Books