Thursday, 12 August - First Day of School
MISD communicated late last week that some STAAR scores are available now and the remainder will be posted next Monday. Electronic student score reports for all End-of-Course (EOC) assessments (Algebra EOC for those 8th grade students that took Algebra) were posted on June 15, 2021, to the state-sponsored student portal at texasassessment.gov. This site will require a unique access code and has a self-service tool for students/parents to retrieve this code.
Information needed for this process is:
If your child did not perform as we would have anticipated, we will be communicating our intervention plans in late July for the 2021-2022 school year. We are currently looking at all data points to create the best plan for each student.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
Box Tops for Education
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
as of 02/09/2017
Student & Parent Resources
- Fine Arts
- Learning Commons
- Digital Books