MISD is pleased to announce that Cockrill Middle School AP Melanie Machost has been named principal of Dowell Middle School! Melanie brings 16 years in education and four years of campus administrative experience to her new position.
Read more here: https://www.mckinneyisd.net/.../cockrill-ap-melanie.../
“I am thrilled that Melanie is going to be the new principal at Dowell Middle School,” said Dr. Melinda DeFelice, MISD Deputy Superintendent of Secondary Learner Support and Human Resources. “I have worked with Melanie since 2008 and can attest to her knowledge, work ethic, efficiency and ability to bring people together. She is going to be amazing in her new role.”
Please join us in welcoming Melanie Machost to this vital campus leadership position!
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
Box Tops for Education
Our goal at Dowell Middle School is to maximize learning time. One of the ways we do this is by establishing a standard of students' arrival in the classroom. When a student arrives late to class, we call this "tardy”.
This year we are using a new communication tool, which will email a parent each time the student is tardy to a class. The tardy count resets each quarter.
· First Unexcused Tardy is a warning
· Second Unexcused Tardy is a 30 minute after-school detention
· Third Unexcused Tardy is a hour after-school detention
· Fourth Unexcused Tardy is a two hour after-school detention
· Five or more Unexcused Tardies per quarter, are a three hour after-school detention each occurrence
* All detentions are served on Thursday afternoons
as of 02/09/2017
Student & Parent Resources
- Fine Arts
- Learning Commons
- Digital Books